I am going to donate most of this blog to giving a really big 'shout out' for something which takes up some of the half of me which plays at Lily Maud Vintage - The Pretty Nostalgic Society. Yay!!!!!!!
Here's a couple of pics of the Society leaflet which I hope you can read but I'll tell you all about it anyway!!!
Seriously though, we are not about giving up on technology - many of us could not do what we do or be involved, if we gave up modern technology - and we don't want to time warp back to the '40s or any other previous era, unless you want to that is!
We strive to find a balance between our modern lives and the possibility of a less commericalised existence. We are all committed to supporting independent, British makers, small, independent shops and businesses and those who make or supply vintage, antique or upcycled goods. If we spend our hard earned money on something modern, sensible then it's because we value it as a long term purchase for use often.
The pictures show both sides of the leaflet - I have paraphrased the first side because it is quite difficult to read here. The second side contains the The Pretty Nostalgic Pledge. In a nutshell, the Pledge urges you to think about - Spending Wisely, Waste Less and Appreciate More. What does this mean ? Well, it's asking you to think about :
- Paying a fair price and using local suppliers and makers
- Thinking creatively about recycling, re-purposing what you have to meet changing needs, creating things yourself, learning new craft or skills, looking after your possessions
- Respecting skill, quality and effort over quantity and price, supporting British, handmade and upcycled goods wherever possible
- Buying only things I really need or genuinely want
If you are doing lots of these things already then you are probably already a member - if you're not a member then why???? Think about joining us now!!!
So, to help you with your decision, here's what's in it for you :
- Membership costs £40 per year and for this you will get:
- 4 copies of the Pretty Nostalgic Compendium (RRP £12 each) posted free.
- The Compendium has 144 pages of original features, vintage images, illustrations and stunning photography and artwork. All contributors are members - here's your chance blow your own trumpet about your passion!
- A discount card for use with our business members
- members competitions and special offers
- The chance to meet like minded members in your local area via Pretty Nostalgic Gatherings.
- VISIT : www.prettynostalgic.co.uk
- TWEET: @prettynostalgic
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to see the quality of the publication then order a back copy of its predecessor - Pretty Nostalgic Magazine - £8 each from www.lilymaudvintage.com
I believe in Pretty Nostalgic - come and join me soon!